Intro. I have over period of time realized the importance of a portable power bank .There are many available in the arena with various capacities and specifications. My first purchase showed me how flawed I was in my approach to pick one and hence I did research a bit before I picked up my second one . My choice was the Anker Astro ES 16000 Mah portable charger .
Experience. I have used this product on my recent road trip to Uttarakhand where I ventured into places that did not even have an electrical connection so the question of charging of the various accessories that I carried using the power supply just did not arise. Now on road trips I do carry a lot of multiple devices ranging from DSLRs and their add ons, then there is the laptop , mobile , GPS , Go pro etc basically various devices that need recharging at the end of a full working day . I was more than satisfied with the performance of the Anker Astro and thought of penning down my thoughts on this.
|Item weight||380 g|
|Dimensions||15 x 6.2 x 2.3 cm|
|Battery||Lithium Ion version , high density|
Contents of the Kit .
- Power bank
- Travel pouch
- Micro USB cable
- External charger
Warranty : 18 months
Device Charging time : 07-08 hours charging time is needed to charge it completely to 100 % from nil charge.
- Portable in nature and provides long lasting charging backup.
- Superior build quality.
- Dual USB port for charging two devices simultaneously.
- Quality management is consistent with the battery supplied.
- Travel pouch provided.
- Was able to charge my android phone connected to 3G data connection completely three times along with one more additional device without the need to charge the Anker device itself.In the end it still had more than 25% power remaining.
- The charging speed was consistent and fast.
- IQ technology or Intelligent Power so that each port communicated to its device separately.
- There are 04 Leds which glow and indicate how much balance power is available for charging and these are divided from 0 to 100 % in four stages thus making it easy to understand the present status of the power bank.
- Flash light also available for the user which I found very handy.
- Sleek design, classy look .
- No appreciable heat generation.
- It is a bit bulky dimension wise and cannot be kept in a trouser pocket that easily.
- The electric adaptor for charging needs an additional interface to make it compatible to the power points that are used in the domestic households.
- The cost is around 5800/- online which is substantial but then the quality and features demand that.
- More useful for road trips, train journeys and out station visits.
Conclusion. In case you wish to go in for a product that will support and deliver in the long run then the Anker Astro E5 16000 MAH 2ND Gen Portable Charger is a definite contender. I am glad that i was fortunate to choose it and am pretty happy about it